Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Week 3 : Concept of Marriage

Tonight madam shared a lot of things and here are some points that I don't want to miss from her class. Madam mentioned that:

The husband-wife relationship was the first relationship that God created, and it started in the most noble place. So why is there still damage in a relationship? We ruin a beautiful relationship because we don't understand the concept of marriage, like marry because of pressure, don't want to be andartu, and etc.

Quraish Shihab: Married couple is like a pair of shoes. Like duduk sama rendah, berdiri sama tinggi. Wife is not the husband's property, not anything but a spouse. So our thoughts, feelings and opinions should be the same. Sekufu means more than same in status.

Life is not funfair. Life is a struggle that's why Allah rewards. And struggle is sunnatullah. Madam said, before I want to demand all sorts of things, a handsome, smart husband, I have to polish myself first. I agree madam. Sometimes we (I mean myself) are unrealistic because we watch a lot of dramas on tv.

Don't be afraid to get married because of challenges, later we will be the people who give up. Married or not, everyone will face challenges, just in different ways. Allah has given a benchmark of 5 ulul azmi to ponder, He does not let us struggle alone. There are many examples for us to relieve ourselves.

In marriage, we also have to believe in takdir and rizq even if things seem impossible. If it meant for us, nothing can stop ourselves from getting it. I think these are all important reminder and words that I've always want to comfort myself with.

No comments:

Post a Comment